address@hidden: Re: [Jikesrvm-researchers] Congratulations on Jikes-RVM

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: address@hidden: Re: [Jikesrvm-researchers] Congratulations on Jikes-RVM 2.0 - questions about licensing.]
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 08:48:01 +0200

Hi,

Found on the debian-java mailinglist.

The Jikes VM is interesting because they say it is written mostly in java.
<http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/jikesrvm/>
And they encourage to develop a Free Classlibrary for it.
(It would ofcourse be better if we could convince them to donate their
current class library to Classpath.)
I am currently investigating the KissMe VM which is already fairly
integrated with Classpath. If someone else wants to investigate how
hard it would be to support Jikes VM that would be really nice.

Cheers,

Mark
----- Forwarded message from Michael Hind <address@hidden> -----