Re: build update

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: build update
Date: 26 Oct 2001 09:52:12 -0400

Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 11:59:17PM -0400, Brian Jones wrote:
> > I've made progress with making the build much easier, at least with
> > configure anyway.  I've temporarily broken my own native libraries
> > build locally until I add in the jni.h stuff.  So I can't commit what
> > I have yet but I thought folks would like to know my progress.
>
> Post the diff! I want to play with it :)

Current diff attached.  By default will only compile Java source.  To
attempt JNI library compilation use --enable-jni (it will fail because
of no jni.h).  To use gcj for bytecode compilation, use --with-gcj.
Since jikes is (a) faster and (b) works for me, jikes is still the
default.  To change the default, modify lib/Makefile.am.

Let me remind everyone this is not finished, so please hold off on the
flame throwers until I'm finished.  Suggestions for improvement
welcome.  :)
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>