Re: Bugs in BitSet

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Bugs in BitSet
Date: 23 Jan 2002 13:55:38 -0700

>>>>> "Carlos" == Carlos Cavanna <address@hidden> writes:

Carlos> I found a couple of bugs in the BitSet class. Basically some
Carlos> operations do not test the array bounds correctly. I checked
Carlos> the current CVS version and I noticed they were not fixed yet.

I looked at the CVS version and it looks like they have been fixed.
I think they were fixed on Dec 15:

2001-12-15  Bryce McKinlay  <address@hidden>

        * java/util/BitSet.java (and): Fix off-by-one bug, don't skip part of
        the bitset.
        (andNot): Likewise.
        (xor): Likewise.

Carlos> It is curious that a previous version of classpath (0.02
Carlos> release) does not have any of these problems.

Some of our classes have been substantially changed over the last year
or so.  Partly this is due to the libgcj merge, but there are other
reasons too.

Carlos> I attach you my fix.

Please send context- or uni-diffs.

Tom