Re: java.util and vm/ref patch

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: java.util and vm/ref patch
Date: 25 Mar 2002 23:09:39 -0500

Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Quickly going through the vm.diff.
>
> - I added some of the changes to java.lang.Class already.
> - java.lang.Runtime ShutdownHooks have already added by Eric.
> - Throwable changes are irrelevant with latest Throwable from CVS.
> - java.lang.Thread (contextClassLoader) changes have gone in.
> - The java.lang.reflect.Method changes have already been committed.
>
> Summary - it might be a good idea to look at Class, VMClassLoader and
> SystemClassLoader for things we missed. But mostly this is done.

Okay,

I'm pretty bummed about the state of Mauve in helping to make it
easier to prove something works correctly in that so many tests are
simply missing.  This is where I'll be spending most of my energy in
the forseeable future.   I'm working on the beans api testing now mostly
so I can learn something about it.  I can see now that the measures I
felt were sort of draconian on the Jikes list with respect to patches
may be needed for Classpath as well just to help build up the base of
tests available.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>