Re: Classpath API javadoc

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: Classpath API javadoc
Date: 27 Apr 2002 23:43:53 +0100

Phillip Morelock <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi
>
> I know I'm still new to this community, but since I'm going to focus my
> efforts on documentation because I have been ruled "unclean" ;) ...
>
> Resultant newbie question:  is it still "ok" to use sun's javadoc tool or is
> there an appropriate free tool?  How do "they" (or you) generally feel about
> using non-free tools in this context?  also, what is the state of
> such tool?

The classpath-tools project has a javadoc tool underway. AFAIK it is
working at a basic level but isn't bug checked and stuff yet.

It's fine, for now, to use Sun's javadoc tool. When the
classpath-tools javadoc is working we can switch to that.

Note that the classpath-tools javadoc program supports outputing the
javadoc in texinfo instead of html. Texinfo is the GNU documentation
format (it's what "info" files are written in).

> Forgive me, I'm still pretty new to the whole "GNU" mindset and
> don't want to step on toes or whatever.

Nobody who wants to help will ever step on any ones toes  /8->

If you're confused or lost just ask and we'll help.

Nic