Re: Classpath docs

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Classpath docs
Date: 06 May 2002 19:08:36 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, 2002-05-05 at 22:37, Julian Scheid wrote:
> Some hints for Classpath documentation authors:
>
> - All package docs are missing (the package.html file
>     in the package directories.) This makes the index
>     page look somewhat deserted (the right table column
>     ought to contain the summaries.)

I checked in stubs for all java and javax subpackages.
But now that I run gjdoc it seems that it does not like the fact that
there are <title> tags in it. It gives errors like:
"WARNING: Invalid Unicode character 0x0 in javadoc markup has been
stripped" And it prints both the title and the first paragraph of the
package.html. Are my package.html file wrongly constructed?

> - There are a few typos, like "IlegalArgumentException"
>     or "ClassCastExcpetion" which can be easily spotted
>     by looking at gjdoc output. I'll see that I fix
>     that in CVS when I got some spare time.

I think i fixed most of these now, but I still get some warnings that
seem to come from inner classes where it cannot find some class
referenced through the enclosing class.

I got a response from RMS and he would like to have the copyright notice
copied from the original java source file. That should be easy for the
GNU Classpath files since they always have the copyright notice at the
top as their second line. In general it would probably be a bit more
difficult.

It seems that it would be most desirable to add the complete boilerplate
we normally use also in the generated files. But since this is 30+ lines
I have asked if we cannot use something smaller.

The FSF would also very much like to publish the generated documentation
under the FDL but they are looking at what is the best way to do this.

Cheers,

Mark