Re: bug in gnu.vm.stack.StackFrame

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: bug in gnu.vm.stack.StackFrame
Date: 10 Sep 2002 23:07:34 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, 2002-09-06 at 20:59, C. Scott Ananian wrote:
> The gnu/vm/stack/StackFrame class has the following bit of code:
>
>  private StackFrame(Object obj, Method method, int lineNum, String filename) {
>      this.caller = caller;
>  }
>
> Note that 'caller' is not an argument of the constructor.  So the first
> statement of the constructor is effectively a no-op, equivalent to
>   this.caller = this.caller
>
> Oops!

Hmmm. There seem to be two implementations of StackFrame.
The one above with bug in vm/reference/gnu/vm/stack/StackFrame.java.
And one in gnu/java/lang/StackFrame.java.

StackFrame, ExecutionStack and StackTrace are a bit old. I don't know if
there are VMs that still use these classes. For Throwable stack traces
we now have java.lang.StackTraceElement and I will soon add my recent
work on VMThrowable that I did for libgcj to Classpath. But for security
managers and for AccessController the ExecutionStack could still be
useful. Do VM implementers actually use/implement support for these
classes?

Cheers,

Mark