Re: Getting Mauve running with Classpath+gcj/jikes+kissme

From: Stephen Crawley
Subject: Re: Getting Mauve running with Classpath+gcj/jikes+kissme
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 23:29:36 +1000

> cd "${KISSME_CVS}" && ./configure --prefix=${KISSME_PREFIX}
> --enable-use-zips --with-gnu-classpath=${CLASSPATH_CVS}/build
> --with-classpath-install-dir=${CLASSPATH_PREFIX} >> ${LOG} 2>&1
>
> I always configure classpath in a separate build directory.  Maybe it
> doesn't like that.  I did change to configuring kissme in
> ${top_srcdir} but that didn't help.
>
> checking Kissme Classpath directory... not found
> checking /home/cbj/mauve/classpath/build... no
> configure: error: Cannot find the selected GNU Classpath build directory
 (/home/cbj/mauve/classpath/build).

The problem is that the Kissme configure script is expecting to see the
GNU Classpath source in the build directory.  This is clearly wrong ...

Could you tell me what arguments you are giving to GNU Classpath configure
to get it to put the build in a different directory to the sources?  If
I can reproduce this, I can work out how to fix the Kissme configure
script to cope with your approach.

-- Steve