RE: java.lang.Class patches

From: Jeroen Frijters
Subject: RE: java.lang.Class patches
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 16:17:47 +0200

Brian Jones wrote:
> "Jeroen Frijters" <address@hidden> writes:
> > I implemented the new Class in IKVM.NET today and ran into
> a few more
> > issues. Attached is a patch for Class and VMClass.
>
> Cool, I should be able to remove the getInstance() method on
> VMClass then?

I guess so.

> How are the initialize() method you added and the private
> initialize(int) related in VMClass?

The native initialize() should somehow get the thread id and call
initialize(int). I must admit I didn't give this too much thought, I
don't use initialize(int).

Yesterday in the car it occurred to me that my fix to
Class.getMethod(String,Class[]) isn't complete. It should examine the
interfaces recursively (i.e. handle interfaces that extend other
interfaces). This is a fairly low priority issue, but I'll see if I can
find the time to create a patch.

Regards,
Jeroen