Re: [Rxtx] Implementing javax.comm for free software java implementation

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: [Rxtx] Implementing javax.comm for free software java implementations (Was: Re: [kaffe] Notes on kaffe (GNU Classpath integration) todo items)
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:03:17 +0200

Hi Trent,

Trent Jarvi wrote:

We'd be more than willing to work with Classpath and or Kaffe to get this
working. RXTX 2.1 implements CommAPI from the top down but is in package
gnu.io to avoid confusion with Sun's impementation.

RXTX 2.0 implements the lower portion of CommAPI and could be made to work with the upper portion offered in Kaffe. The Kaffe shell classes did look acceptable when I read through them.

Could we implement the javax.comm shell classes on top of RXTX 2.1 gnu.io API? I.e. would it be enough to just delegate method calls to gnu.io. for a basic javax.comm implementation?

cheers,
dalibor topic