Re: [kaffe] NIO in classpath

From: Guilhem Lavaux
Subject: Re: [kaffe] NIO in classpath
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 19:04:12 +0200

Timothy Stack wrote:

On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 08:16  AM, Guilhem Lavaux wrote:

I was planting everything in Kaffe: I begun updating the subthreading to include the new required syscalls (easy)

Cool, but which threading systems have you done this for? (unix-pthreads, unix-jthreads, etc...) Just calling select() for unix-pthreads will work fine, but I would think it would take a lot of changes to make things work for unix-jthreads (user-level threads implemented with non-blocking syscalls and signals).

Sure but this is why I said that I need to do more extensive tests ... I had no access to the JDK documentation for the last week so I needed to guess the behaviour. Apparently, the begin()...end() section is not yet really implemented in kaffe (and I do not see exactly what it should do). Anyway I just wanted to know how many people and to what extent they already implemented this part.

   Cheers,
   Guilhem.