Re: [kaffe] Bug Report: NIO SelectorImpl crashing

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: [kaffe] Bug Report: NIO SelectorImpl crashing
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 04:03:23 +0100

Hi Everton,

Everton da Silva Marques wrote:
Please find attached a small test program which
reproduces the following crash under Kaffe 1.1.2:

/usr/local/kaffe/bin/java -classpath build telnet.TelnetServer
waiting for connections on 1234
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at gnu.java.nio.SelectorImpl.deregisterCancelledKeys (SelectorImpl.java:234)
   at gnu.java.nio.SelectorImpl.select (SelectorImpl.java:146)
   at gnu.java.nio.SelectorImpl.select (SelectorImpl.java:92)
   at telnet.TelnetServer.serve (TelnetServer.java:93)
   at telnet.TelnetServer.main (TelnetServer.java:22)

I have looked quickly on the problem, and it seems
SelectorImpl.deregisterCancelledKeys() calls cancelledKeys(),
which is inherited as "returning null" from AbstractSelector:

Thanks for the bug report and the test program.

This particular bug was fixed by Michael Koch in the Classpath CVS, and merged back into kaffe's CVS. But as I get from the follow up mail on the kaffe mailing list, you're still seing problems with NIO with the merged code. I'll check if there is some new NIO code to merge back ;)

cheers,
dal