Re: gnu.java.awt.image.GdkPixbufDecoder

From: Michael Koch
Subject: Re: gnu.java.awt.image.GdkPixbufDecoder
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 10:22:43 +0100

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 01:45:54AM +0100, Richard Stahl wrote:
> hello,
>
> i have just started using the classpath so maybe a stupid problem:
>
> i would like to run some code on JikesRVM (which uses classpath). the
> code requires gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.GtkToolkit. if invoking method
> getImage() of this class i get an error:
>

> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Cannot find library cpgdkpixbuf
>         at
> com.ibm.JikesRVM.classloader.VM_ClassLoader.loadLibrary(VM_ClassLoader.java:113)
>         at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java:191)
>         at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:665)
>         at
> gnu.java.awt.image.GdkPixbufDecoder.<clinit>(GdkPixbufDecoder.java:59)
>         at
> com.ibm.JikesRVM.classloader.VM_Class.initialize(VM_Class.java:1374)
>         at
> com.ibm.JikesRVM.VM_Runtime.initializeClassForDynamicLink(VM_Runtime.java:514)
>         at
> com.ibm.JikesRVM.VM_Runtime.unresolvedNewScalar(VM_Runtime.java:276)
>         at gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.GtkToolkit.getImage(GtkToolkit.java:140)
>

> so, there is no library "cpgdkpixbuf" required by classloader loading
> gnu.java.awt.image.GdkPixbufDecoder while the code really includes
> static code for loading native library "cpgdkpixbuf".
>
> can you, please, let me know how to solve this problem?

The problem is simply to tell: the native library is not build during
building classpath. Thats a bug in classpath. I made it compile and
install this helper library. Can you send me a little testcase for
testing before I commit this thingie ? I want to test if
GdkPixbufDecoder really works. The version in libgcj has a comment about
problems but doesnt tell which problems.

Michael