CheckStyle and JDEE

From: Arnaud Vandyck
Subject: CheckStyle and JDEE
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:02:58 +0100 (CET)

Hi everybody,

I think I'm not the only one here to work with emacs ;) I'm not also the
only one whwo use jdee to write java into emacs:
http://jdee.sunsite.dk/
(or if you use w3m in emacs: http://jdee.sunsite.dk/rootpage.html ;-) )

As you can see in the archive of the mailing list:

,----[ http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg06877.html ]
|   * From: Paul Kinnucan
|   * Subject: Planned Changes to CheckStyle Interface
|   * Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:04:32 -0800
|
| Hi JDEE Users,
|
| This is to alert you to the fact that I am planning to make a major
| change to the JDEE's interface to CheckStyle in the upcoming JDEE 2.3.3
| release and to give you the opportunity to give me some feedback before
| the plans are finalized.
|
| [...]
|
| Release 3.0 of CheckStyle replaces the properties method of
| customization with the use of XML configuration files. A user specifies
| a style by specifying a configuration file on the command line. The next
| release will support this new method by providing a customization
| variable named jde-checkstyle-style that allows you to specify either
| Sun's coding style or a custom style. If you specify Sun's style, the
| JDEE will point CheckStyle (via a command-line argument) to a
| configuration file that comes with the JDEE and defines the Sun
| standard. If you specify a custom style, you must enter the path of the
| configuration file that defines the custom standard. The JDEE will point
| CheckStyle to the custom configuration file that you specify.
|
| [...]
`----

For reference, checkstyle is here:
http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/