classpath-0.10-pre1 available

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: classpath-0.10-pre1 available
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 00:27:25 +0200

Hi,

The first pre-release is available at ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/classpath/

We are not completely ready for 0.10 yet, but hopefully very close.
I tested on x86 and powerpc (Debian GNU/Linux machines) and checked that
at least kissme and jamvm worked out of the box. Mauve regression
results for both environments seem to have greatly improved since 0.09.

I believe the Jikes RVM hackers still had some pending patches.
Please test this release with you favorite runtime and compiler.
We will see tomorrow if more code patches are necessary.
At least the documentation needs to be updated to describe all the
improvements since 0.09. And I haven't checked the API generation yet.

My apologies for missing lots of patches and improvements. The bug
database is still full of very helpful reports and I have ignored some
patches send to the mailinglist since I was just to busy and wanted this
release out the door. Sorry to everybody that didn't see their patch go
in (yet). If you feel it is really important to include in 0.10 please
yell! And otherwise please yell as soon as 0.10 final is released so
your patches will be included in 0.11!

Test reports against classpath-0.10-pre1 are highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

P.S. Note that final releases don't go to alpha.gnu.org anymore, but go
to ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/classpath/ which will not contain test or pre
releases.