Re: Patch: merge File.toURI() from Classpath

From: Chris Pickett
Subject: Re: Patch: merge File.toURI() from Classpath
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 13:36:29 -0400

Bryce McKinlay wrote:
David Daney wrote:

We can't add constructors to InternalError, as that would violate the spec.

Which spec. would that be?  I am unfamiliar with it.

David Daney.

The Java 2(TM) Platform API specification[1]

[1] http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/

It's worth reading Chapter 8 of Effective Java, which talks about exceptions and is written by Joshua Bloch, who was behind the Sun API. In fact, that whole book is worth buying and reading. If you google for "effective java ebook" you can find it. The legality of downloading it probably depends on your country.

Cheers,
Chris