Re: gnu.java.nio.FileChannelImpl

From: Ewout Prangsma
Subject: Re: gnu.java.nio.FileChannelImpl
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 10:14:26 +0100

I'm fine with using the security framework, in fact that is very
good, as long as i'm able to use classpath (hopefully out of the
box) without the need for native methods.  Since i'm writing a java
os all in java i want to implement java.io & java.nio.* directly on
top of our filesystem api and having to rewrite parts of classpath
because they are using natives is not something i want to do,
especially if there are good ways to avoid the natives using the
VMxyz classes.

No, VM* classes cannot be avoided for your goals, but these classes
can be located into gnu.* namespace (inside vm/reference).

That's fine with me.

Ewout

Michael