Re: Mauve test question

From: Michael Koch
Subject: Re: Mauve test question
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:25:18 +0100

Am Dienstag, 28. Dezember 2004 16:33 schrieb Archie Cobbs:
> Jeroen Frijters wrote:
> >>The goal for this file should be "the right contents assuming the
> >>VM doesn't have any bugs". If the VM wants its own private
> >> version, that's that particular VM's private business. But we
> >> need a version that we can point to and say "if your VM is based
> >> on Classpath and otherwise does everything correctly then it
> >> should definitely pass all these tests".
> >
> > Agreed. Unfortunately this means that we have to be conservative
> > and that some tests can never be part of it (the ones that depend
> > on GC behavior for example).
>
> OK, here's a first stab at a new "mauve-classpath". This one is
> surely out of date on several counts, but happens to be the one
> I've been using for a long time.
>
> # Classpath based VM's should pass these tests, assuming
> # the VM is working perfectly.
> JDK1.0
> JDK1.1
> JDK1.2
> JDK1.3
> JDK1.4
> !java.beans.
> !BinaryCompatibility.BinaryCompatibilityTest
> !java.applet
> !java.awt
> !java.net.DatagramPacket.
> !java.net.DatagramSocket.
> !java.io.ObjectInputOutput
> !java.lang.Character.unicode
> !javax.imageio
> !javax.naming
> !java.text.RuleBasedCollator
> !javax.swing
>
> # These tests may vary depending on VM details, so failures here
> # could be false negatives.
> !java.lang.ref.WeakReference.weakref
> !java.lang.ref.PhantomReference.phantom
>
> Let me know what changes we should make. I'll keep track, and let's
> try to come to an agreed-upon master file.

Not that some tests in java.awt.color/image depend on the JVM too as
they depend on a proper floating point implementation.

I really wonder how much people will use this files. Most people using
mauve use ./batch_run and this does not use classpath-mauve or xfail
files.

Michael
--
Homepage: http://www.worldforge.org/