Re: URL protocol handler classloader

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: URL protocol handler classloader
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 13:10:14 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, 2005-01-15 at 22:55 -0500, Steven Augart wrote:
> When we're at the phase in the bootstrap process where we are
> generating the application class loader, the current context
> loader is the bootstrap class loader.  If URLClassLoader would use
> only the bootstrap class loader, everything would be fine.  Instead, by
> it insisting on the system class loader (application class loader),
> we get a circular dependency.

O, good example why it would be good to change this.

Note, that I already agree we should change to use the context
classloader (and the application classloader as backup if loading
through the context classloader fails and it isn't the same as the
application classloader). I just didn't make time to implement it.

Please post a patch to classpath-patches if you have one.
(Don't forget to update the documentation.)

Thanks,

Mark