Classloaders & JNI FindClass

From: Peter Werno
Subject: Classloaders & JNI FindClass
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:43:13 +0100 (CET)

Hello everyone,

As I'm approaching the next release of the JAmiga VM, I have a little
problem regarding classloaders in connection with the JNI FindClass
method.

What is the "correct" method to determine the current class loader for
FindClass? Or will FindClass always only use the system class loader?

Here is an example:

Method I from class A (loaded by system classloader) calls method II
Method II from class B (loaded by a different classloader) calls method III
Method III from class C (loaded by the system classloader again) now calls
a native method IV
Native method IV calls FindClass ... which classloader is used (and why :) )?

Many thanks,

Peter