Re: Classpath API documentation licensing is unclear

From: Kalle Olavi Niemitalo
Subject: Re: Classpath API documentation licensing is unclear
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 20:20:18 +0300

Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

> Note that the way they are generated all documentation files have a link
> to the source code (in html). That might (technically) be enough to
> comply with the GPL+exception statement.

I doubt that.  The HTML version is not "the preferred form of the
work for making modifications to it", and the encoding to HTML is
not "a medium customarily used for software interchange" like
.tar.bz2 is.  The HTML tree also lacks the "scripts used to
control compilation and installation of the executable", although
I'm not sure they're required for a library.