Classpath regexp code

From: Anthony Green
Subject: Classpath regexp code
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 10:08:53 -0700

I recently stumbled across the fact that gnu.regexp doesn't perform
nearly as well as many other regexp implementations in java.

Here's some detail on an experiment I did with JRegex:

http://www.spindazzle.org/green/index.php?p=49

and here are some benchmarks:

http://tusker.org/regex/regex_benchmark.html

I don't know what to suggest really, other than dealing with our regexp
code should probably go on the grand TO-DO list, if something like that
exists.

I just thought I'd mention this on the list for archival purposes.

AG