Re: migration question re: sun.misc.BASE64Encoder

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: migration question re: sun.misc.BASE64Encoder
Date: 17 Aug 2005 10:01:29 -0600

>>>>> "Dalibor" == Dalibor Topic <address@hidden> writes:

Dalibor> They could simply bundle gnu.java.net.BASE64. ;)

Or refactor it into a different package for their own use.

Dalibor> If they are under an Apache Software Licese v.2, then the Apache
Dalibor> Software Foundation's jakarta commons-codec might be a more accessible
Dalibor> alternative (for ASF's own projects).

Yeah.

>> It would be nice if we could all promote the use of a liberally
>> licensed** base64 solution and mention this on the ClasspathMigration
>> wiki page.

Here's Apache's:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/codec/apidocs/org/apache/commons/codec/binary/Base64.html

Tom