Reminder: Towards 0.18 (one week and a bit)

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Reminder: Towards 0.18 (one week and a bit)
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 18:43:03 +0200

Hi all,

On Sat, 2005-08-20 at 17:33 +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Please start thinking about what you want to see included in 0.18. The
> plan is to have two weeks of development (till September 4) and then
> have a new developer snapshot release as soon as we ironed out all the
> showstopper bugs in the week of September 5-9. (Note that gcc 4.1 is due
> to branch by September 8 so having something ready for importing by then
> is one of the goals for this release.)

So please try to get anything "big" or potentially "disruptive" in by
the end of the week. And no more vm interface changes or external
library dependency changes please.

> So if you haven't updated the NEWS file with your cool new additions now
> is the time. If you have any pending VM/Platform interface changes
> please try to get them in next week (but not later). And if you have a
> plan for how you want to wrap up something you are currently working on
> for inclusion in 0.18 replying to this message with an outline of the
> work to be done for that would be appreciated.

And remember that if you don't supply some text yourself for that cool
new feature/bug-fix you wrote I will just make some stuff up :)

My personal focus from now on will be going through the bug list, look
for (and hopefully fix) any mauve regressions (if there are any) and to
make sure that classpath can be dropped into the gcc tree when we
release.

Cheers,

Mark