RFC: reflection access checks

From: Christian Thalinger
Subject: RFC: reflection access checks
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 00:35:53 +0100

Hi!

Today Michael told me about a CACAO bug filed to debian
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=348048).  While
checking what's wrong, i also checked sun's jvm and this is the
resulting stacktrace:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Class TestReflect
can not access a member of class priv.TestClass with modifiers "public"
        at sun.reflect.Reflection.ensureMemberAccess(Reflection.java:57)
        at TestReflect.main(TestReflect.java:23)

Seen this, i think we also should implement something like sun does in
ensureMemberAccess, in order that not all vm implementors have to write
the (more or less) same code.

Comments?

TWISTI