classpathx-crypto

[Classpathx-crypto] Re: gnu.crypto web page

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: [Classpathx-crypto] Re: gnu.crypto web page
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 11:49:17 -0000

> i would appreciate it if you can have a look at the gnu.crypto web page
> (with almost all related links) to check if it's conformant with GNU and
> Classpathx norms.

It's really well designed, I like it.

Normally, GNU prefer to use just the HTML 2.0 standard. This ensures that
pages can be read even on text mode browsers like lynx.

I notice you've used DIVs and so on... any chance you could convert these to
something a bit more HTML 2.0?

If you can't I suggest you do this:

- create a directory for crypto on the classpathX website (follow the
example of JAXP).
- subdivide the webpage into separate sections.
- ensure the main crypto index page is HTML 2.0 compliant.

> i didnt check in the javadoc api yet, nor the release.  the javadoc stuff,
> will go in the api/ folder.  i'm not quite sure yet where the release will
> go or if a copy should be also checked-in with this page.

The release will go on the ftp server. If you let me know about when you're
ready to release then I will check out your code and build it (as a final
sanity check) and put it up on the ftp server.

That's why you need a target to produce the tar file (see the gnu coding
standards for info).

> finally what probably is missing is a link from the classpathx main page
> this one.  should i be doing this or should i leave it to you?

Leave it to me.. when we've resolved this HTML version issue I'll put the
link in.

This is all coming together really well! Well done!

Nic