classpathx-crypto

Re: [Classpathx-crypto] pdf files

From: Raif S. Naffah
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-crypto] pdf files
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 22:52:59 +1100

At 11:36 AM 12/4/01 +0000, Nic Ferrier wrote:
> >You guys have a few pdf files on your site.
> >Are there free software tools for reading pdfs?
>
> the acrobat reader to my knowledge is free (see
> <http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html>).

No. The acrobat reader is free as in beer. I meant free-software.

Olivier answered this one already.

> >Are there alternatives to pdf files? postscript would be better
> >because there are free software tools for displaying them.
>
> these are, to my recollection, files published by the designers of the
> algorithm, not us.

What are the redistribution terms? You may not be able to keep these on the
site, linking to them elsewhere might be ok though.

dont know. i'll have to ask. if i get the authors' permission i guess i can keep them where they are. ok?

the rationale for this is that these things tend to disappear after a time from the net and links become forever broken. they are included here so the alert/curious reader/user can verify the code against the designer's specifications.

cheers;
rsn