classpathx-crypto

Re: [Classpathx-crypto] quick comments on gnu.crypto code

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-crypto] quick comments on gnu.crypto code
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 11:56:09 -0000

>     - Coding style ... three space indents?  No tabs?  And
>       Hungarian "IamAnInterface" notation?  Yoiks!  I don't
>       like even one of those, sorry.

I agree with Dave, but the coding standard is relaxed here at ClasspathX. We
don't force people to use the GNU style (though I might in the future do a
batch update of the CVS with a style enforcer I will do it only with
people's agreement).

I hate hungarian for java code. It just seems dumb to me... but I'm not
prepared to force you guys to change it.

>     - PDFs in the docs.  DocBook XML where possible,
>       please.  Though since these are original specs, I suspect
>       that's not a real option.  Does CVS need to have those?
>       (I hate TexInfo equally ... DocBook at least turns into
>       good HTML, though the MathML output may be a
>       bit lacking just now.)

Actually Dave, it's:  "info where possible please".

When there is an info generator for docbook I'll be happy for people to have
their documentation in docbook, until then I meerly tolerate it   /8->

I don't think the PDFs are generated by the project. If they are we must use
something else. We might still have to ditch them and link to them elsewhere
(which seems sensible anyway, if they're someone else's files).

>     - javadoc.  The links to the PDFs were all broken, and
>       there were no "package.html" files to describe why each
>       package is there and how to use it.

We'll have to think about the "links to PDFs" in light of my comments above.

>     - License ... LGPL, not "GPL + library exception".  Maybe
>       not an immediate issue, but static linking will increasingly
>       matter.

All code should be GPL + library exception.

Nic