classpathx-crypto

Re: [Classpathx-crypto] Makefile

From: Raif S. Naffah
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-crypto] Makefile
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 18:54:40 +1100

At 11:41 PM 12/16/01 +0000, Nic Ferrier wrote:

Just to let you know: I am working on this issue. I've been busy with
work (last week at my old contract, new contract this week!) and I
haven't had much time.

no worries. it's xmas anyway :-)

However, I did solve the central portability problem of my original
makefile: the path separator used (I had hard coded ':').

I've solved it by using a functional system (the GNU Make @(call)
construct allows a certain amount of functionalism).

we use a trick (see the Makefile.in), where we do:

(line #119):

# a workaround to allow using the same Makefile under both Unix and NT
ifeq (${OS},Windows_NT)
        PS:=;
else
        PS:=:
endif

and then use ${PS} everywhere we need to separate path-elements.

It strikes me that if I solve the $(wildcard) problem then I won't
have to use the shell script trick and that might mean that a native
windows make might work.

I'm still working on it... I'll try and get it done this week... I'm
really sorry for the delay.

If you guys want to go ahead with an ANT based release then let me
know.

i'd suggest we do a release with ANT if we're going to standardise on ANT in classpathx projects. if not, i'd rather wait and have a common 'way' for building; ie. make with ANT as an alternative.

if any other project/team-leader is willing to adopt ANT, i'm happy to help so we can harmonise the use of ANT across multiple projects.

Nic

cheers;
rsn