classpathx-crypto

Re: [Classpathx-crypto] Makefile

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-crypto] Makefile
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 11:15:02 -0000

> we use a trick (see the Makefile.in), where we do:
>
> (line #119):
>
> # a workaround to allow using the same Makefile under both Unix and NT
> ifeq (${OS},Windows_NT)
>          PS:=;
> else
>          PS:=:
> endif
>
> and then use ${PS} everywhere we need to separate path-elements.

Yes. I've fixed that by using this functional system.

> >If you guys want to go ahead with an ANT based release then let me
> >know.
>
> i'd suggest we do a release with ANT if we're going to standardise on ANT
> in classpathx projects.  if not, i'd rather wait and have a common 'way'
> for building; ie. make with ANT as an alternative.

I'd rather not dictate the use ANT across the board... if we move to that
gradually that would be fine. I still prefer Autoconf/Make because that is
the GNU standard and because it handles native code better... given the
importance of GCJ in the "strategy" native code may become important.

Having said that I think ANT will become important as it matures and more
java programmers come to GNU from other environments.

> if any other project/team-leader is willing to adopt ANT, i'm happy to
help
> so we can harmonise the use of ANT across multiple projects.

Thanks Raif.

Nic