classpathx-crypto

[Classpathx-crypto] Re: NESSIE RSA-PSS submission

From: Jakob Jonsson
Subject: [Classpathx-crypto] Re: NESSIE RSA-PSS submission
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 11:20:21 +0100

Hi Raif,

I think the inconsistency lies in how you define the leftmost position of an
octet string; this could be either "position 0" (as in C and Java) or
"position 1". We have adopted the second convention; the octet on position n
is the nth leftmost octet rather than the (n+1)st leftmost octet. The length
of the PS string preceding the 01 octet is emLen-hLen-sLen-2, so the 01
octet is on position emLen-hLen-sLen-1.

Yet, I admit that this convention should have been explicitly stated in the
document.

Best regards,
Jakob Jonsson
RSA Laboratories