classpathx-crypto

Re: [Classpathx-crypto] [patch] Serpent cipher

From: Raif S. Naffah
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-crypto] [patch] Serpent cipher
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 21:10:34 +1000

hello Casey,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Casey Marshall" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 10:15 AM
Subject: [Classpathx-crypto] [patch] Serpent cipher

> Hello,
>
> I've been doing some studying in cryptography, came across GNU classpathx,
> and have been working on implementing some ciphers using the crypto API.
>
> The patch which follows (which is longish, but I didn't want to do an
> attachment---please admonish if this is poor etiquette) is an
> implementation of Serpent which appears correct in a few tests. It does
> not, as far as I know, refer to any non-free techniques---is uses some
> optimized S-box functions found by Dag Arne Osvik which are implemented
> in a GPL'd ADA implementation from
http://www.ii.uib.no/~gisle/serpent.html.

thanks a bunch for your contribution :-)

we dont have an established etiquette for contributions in this project,
besides the coding style :-) but i'm sure we'll come up with something
intelligent as we go.

> The patch is based on a recent CVS checkout and updates the gcj
> Makefile.{in,am}, the classes Registry and CipherFactory, and adds the
> Serpent class itself. Classpathx is welcome to use it...

i'll add the patches during this weekend, along with some classes and
algorithms i've been working on (HMAC, UMAC, etc...).

btw, do you have (access to) the test vectors for Serpent?  we should have a
junit test case to exercise and produce/compare some of the test vectors for
every algorithm so as to certify correctness (e.g.
source/test/cipher/TestOfSquare).

thanks again for your contribution + cheers;
rsn