classpathx-crypto

Re: [Classpathx-crypto] TestOfSerpent

From: Raif S. Naffah
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-crypto] TestOfSerpent
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2002 10:18:21 +1000

hello Casey,

Casey Marshall wrote:
As promised, attached is a pared-down version of a test suite for
Serpent. It runs all the variable-key and variable-text known-answer
tests, and the first ten of each of the monte carlo tests provided in
the Serpent team's submission. It also runs the BaseCipher's default
symmetry test.

that's simply beautiful. i think all cipher test cases should follow this model.

This version comes from a test suite that tests all known-answer and all
monte carlo tests -- which seemed a bit excessive. It is available at:

        http://www.metastatic.org/src/serpent-test-full.tar.gz

It is 117 kilobytes compressed, and is slow.

is this the inverse of the NistKAT and NistMCT (in gnu.crypto.tools) tools?

since we will be using code from these tools for the test cases, should we look into re-factoring that code to improve code re-usability across the library?

I figured that this version provided a good enough compromise, and can be
trimmed even further by simply deleting answers from the bottoms of the
test arrays.

If GNU's mailing lists (or you) do not like attachments, the trimmed
version can also be found at:

        http://www.metastatic.org/src/serpent-test.tar.gz

Cheers,