classpathx-crypto

Re: [Classpathx-crypto] PATCH: NIST cipher tester

From: Raif S. Naffah
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-crypto] PATCH: NIST cipher tester
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 20:53:17 +1000

hello Casey,

thanks for your contribution :-) it's a nice addition to the test suite of this library.

may i rename the "NISTCipherTest" to "TestOfNISTVectors" ? it looks nicer with the other classes + i think conveys better what it is supposed to do.

...and yes, you guessed right; it is UMac32!

i'll generate (the test vectors) and test the new class before i check in the lot with all the corrections/amendements.

cheers;
rsn

Casey Marshall wrote:
Hello,

I've put together a (fairly simple) cipher testing program that will read
in the standard test vector files that the NIST AES submissions required;
all that is involved in testing an algorithm foo with a 128 bit block size
is putting all the test vectors in a directory `tv/foo-128', then
instantiating the class test.cipher.NISTCipherTest. The class loads test
files with the `getResource' method of java.lang.Class, so the vector
files can simply be put into gnu-crypto-test.jar.

The patch only adds the class itself, and updates the build scripts and
test.cipher.AllTests. I didn't include the test files for the three AES
submitted ciphers in Classpathx, because they're probably far too big for
this mailing list.

I've also noted that in the file `Makefile.in' there is a line that says
`gnu/crypto/mac/UMash32.java' which I'm guessing should have read
`gnu/crypto/mac/UMac32.java'.

Cheers,