classpathx-crypto

Re: [Classpathx-crypto] GNU Crypto release 1.0.0

From: nferrier
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-crypto] GNU Crypto release 1.0.0
Date: 27 Aug 2002 08:43:38 +0100

"Raif S. Naffah" <address@hidden> writes:

> hi there,
>
> here is a revised version.  i added the reference to NESSIE, and
> clarified that the project is under the aegis of GNU.
>
> -----
>
> The GNU Crypto team is proud to anounce the release of the first version
> of the gnu.crypto library.
>
> GNU Crypto, part of the GNU project, released under the aegis of GNU, is
> a 100% Java implementation of cryptographic algorithms and
> tools, and includes a Java Cryptographic Provider implementation to
> allow its use through the Java JCA framework and APIs.
>
> GNU Crypto includes, in addition to the now standard cryptographic
> primitives (MD5, SHA-1, AES, etc.), implementations of new and
> experimental cryptographic primitives and transforms such as Universal
> Hash Algorithms (UMAC32, TMMH-16 v1), the Universal Security Transform
> (UST), and others.  GNU Crypto also includes implementations of some of
> the accepted (2nd round) NESSIE (New European Schemes for Signatures,
> Integrity, and Encryption) project such as Anubis, Khazad, Whirlpool, etc.
>
> More details on the rationale, and contents of the library can be found
> on the project's home page at:
> <http://www.gnu.org/software/classpathx/crypto/crypto.html>.
> Deliverables are available from: <xxx>
>
> GNU Crypto is licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public
> License, with the "library exception."
>

> (Java is a registered trademark of Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All other
> trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their
> respective owners.)
>
> -----

It's food.

I'd prefer if you said "part of the GNU ClasspathX project".

I'd also prefer if you waited till we had some text about crypto
export. However, the maintainers support forum are usually quite slow
to respond... the question is do we put the FSF at risk by offering
this for download without the text?

I guess one of the things we can do is offer it for download from
a European country. However, the CVS is in the states and there's not
much we can do about that.

Nic