classpathx-crypto

[Classpathx-crypto] census

From: Ernie Oliver
Subject: [Classpathx-crypto] census
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 10:33:48 -0500

A suggestion of the need for caution and balance is afforded in theremarks of Mr. Home and of the Davenports, which is detailedelsewhere. Everitts wonderful mediumship exercised, like that of D. Home, without charge, convinced many influential people. I am,however, satisfied of the reality of the phenomenon. Home, seems to be impressed by the socialstatus of the various witnesses. They could not have beenin my mind because I was not aware of them. Galla, theAfrican traveller, who assured him that Mrs. Since that time I have seen it in my housefrequently, various persons presenting themselves. But when it is necessaryto trust to my senses, I must entirely dissent from Mr. The battle in the British Press raged furiously. Barrett, when hesays a trained physical inquirer is no match for a professionalconjurer. Hayden, to this country nearlythirty years ago. I was first attracted to it by reading Mr. Iwished to know whether the threat would be carried out. If there is any deception, they are as muchdeceived as any of their dupes. To them, therefore, this Spiritualism is a portent and aproblem. It has grown so fast that its education has been a littleneglected. Two other American mediums were in Englandduring her visit-Mrs. It has upon it thestamp of all the conquering influences of the age. Hayden, without doubt, fulfilled her ordainedtask. Have they found it correspond to the account given by anyreligion upon earth? Since that time I have seen it in my housefrequently, various persons presenting themselves. The followingdialogue took place between Mrs. Itwas painful to both of them, therefore, when Dr. Some furtherimportant evidence from the De Morgans is relegated to the Appendix. This led toWilliam Howitt and other stalwart supporters ceasing their connexionwith the movement. Some very remarkablemanifestations occurred on that occasion. The humble Spiritualistsees this and adapts his worship to the facts. Laughed at, it laughs back; scorned,it gives back scorn for scorn. This and the likewent on for nearly three hours, during a great part of which Mrs. I am ready toconfess, for my own part, that I am equally mystified. A great many otherpersons are as cognizant of these phenomena in their own houses asmyself. Altogether, Spiritualism had much publicity given to it. Public lectures and trance addresses became a feature. Mediumship of a high order in the department of physical phenomena wassupplied by Mrs. I have never investigated except under theseconditions. They could not have beenin my mind because I was not aware of them. Will what I am threatened with take place? Sheplaced before me a printed alphabet, a pencil, and a piece of paper.