cons-discuss

Re: include path problems, or cons vs. make incompatability?

From: Brian O'Keefe
Subject: Re: include path problems, or cons vs. make incompatability?
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 06:30:48 -0500

At 05:15 PM 2/23/2001, Steven Knight wrote:
> CPPPATH        => "$INCLUDE -I/home/okeefe/src/dirA",

No, that's not defining CPPPATH properly.  CPPPATH is a colon-separated
(semi-colon on Windows NT) path of include directories that Cons will
search for #include files *and* turn into -I options for you.  You don't
specify the -I option by hand.  So the proper form would be:

Thanks for the explanation on this. I had thought mine was OK because I saw the gcc command line that got generated, and it looked perfectly fine to me: "gcc -Iexport/linux/include -I/home/okeefe/src/dirA .........".

Brian O'Keefe

Spinnaker Networks
address@hidden