cons-discuss

Re: How do I inhibit the copying of the source files to the build tree

From: Doug Alcorn
Subject: Re: How do I inhibit the copying of the source files to the build tree
Date: 15 Mar 2002 11:57:14 -0500

Gary Oberbrunner <address@hidden> writes:

> Doesn't (setq find-file-existing-other-name t) work for you?  I use
> gnu emacs 21.1, not xemacs, but it works fine for me on IRIX and
> Linux. There's also find-file-visit-truename, but I don't seem to need
> that.

Here's what XEmacs has to say about find-file-existing-other-name

,----
`----

> In any case you can use my emacs compile.el patch, which lets you
> write something like this in your .emacs:

I'll give this a try and let you know if it works.  I know there are
significant variations between XEmacs' compile.el and GNU Emacs
compile.el.
--
 (__) Doug Alcorn - Unix/Linux/Web Developing
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543