cons-discuss

Re: Clearcase and cons Link woes

From: Johan Holmberg
Subject: Re: Clearcase and cons Link woes
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 20:08:02 +0200 (MEST)

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Guy Delamarter wrote:

> I guess what I think I want (but not necessarily the best solution) is some
> way to have cons leave the source files in the original source directory but
> compile the object files to the link directory so that platform objects
> don't collide.  This is closer to the way Microsoft's DevStudio by default
> handles multiple configurations (not that I'm any particular fan of
> DevStudio), and is the only reasonable solution I've seen so far.  Is this
> feasible?  What problems would there be in having such a feature?

These kind of things has been discussed a number of times on the
list. The latest thread was just two weeks ago with subject:

         Subject: How do I inhibit the copying of the source files
                  to the build tree

Take a look at the list-archive at

    http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/cons-discuss/2002-March/thread.html

Isn't this the same issue as the one that concerns you ?

/Johan Holmberg