coreutils

How to run Perl script separately

From: John Nguyen
Subject: How to run Perl script separately
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 11:51:05 -0400

Hello,

l'm a college student currently studying Linux.
l'm messing up with the Coreutils scripts that you guys made.
I figured how to run a BASH script separately using this syntax
`./tests/cp/cp-HL.sh` after l call this command `export built_programs=cp`
and use `echo $?` to check the exit code of the script.
Now, I'd like to do the same thing with Perl script. However, when I
execute it like l would with BASH script, like this `perl tests/misc/sort.pl`
it shows some errors about `subroutine` not found or something. I notice
the test Perl script depends on Coreutils.pm in the `/test` directory, but
I do not know how to modify the test Perl script or the command syntax.
I know to run any test separately, there is this command: `make check
TEST='/test/misc/sort.pl' SUBDIR=. VERBOSE=yes`
But that is not what I'm looking for.

I've been looking at the source code of Makefile, however, no progress.

Thanks in advance,
John Nguyen