crack-attack-devel

Re: [crack-attack-devel] Future Development Ideas

From: Andrew Sayman
Subject: Re: [crack-attack-devel] Future Development Ideas
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 01:15:14 -0400

Babbing wrote:
I can definitely agree with the first two points, but I will have to
take your word on the networking points. As far as sound, some
homegrown clips would be real good. I know that TA used some sort of
trumpet and bells combination that works nicely for block shattering,
but especially nice for combos. If anyone has ever played pydance,
they have some really nice music that has been put together for them.
Maybe we could check out the credits and start asking around :).

Are you interested in doing this? I won't personally be using the sounds
and music because I have my own set of music that I play to get into the
zone. I suppose this opinion could be changed if sufficiently awesome
and immersive effects show up. Until that day, my general take on this
is to accept clean patches and let the others write guides are make
sound/music packs. I'll host anything that's appropriately licensed of
course.

As far as the frontend, I think it needs to be more minimalist, and
tabs are a great start. There is one other thing. When a single player
round is finished, the game window just sits there. I think it would
be a good idea if we either set the player right back onto the gui or
back into a round with the same settings. It just feels like a big
disconnect between the frontend and the game.

1.1.14 was just released. Tell me what you think of the new front end.
It requires gtk+-2.6.0 or better, but I think it's a wonderful
improvement. You can thank Webb for the button spacing :-P