cwriter-fr

[Cwriter-fr] snuck whether

From: Bab Ervin
Subject: [Cwriter-fr] snuck whether
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 14:24:44 -0300

He was half-dressed and was holding up histrousers with both hands as he ran. In the fatalism of his attitude you could see the desperatepoverty in which he had been bred. With a humility which was horrible to me he stripped himselfnaked, and his clothes were searched.
It is goodbye to the TATLER and the BYSTANDER, and farewell to thelady in the Rolls-Royce car.
Nor was this solely the result of theRusso-German Pact. What has kept England on its feet during the pastyear?
With a humility which was horrible to me he stripped himselfnaked, and his clothes were searched. In physicaldetails his vision of the new world has been fulfilled to a surprisingextent.
What kindof records will Franco have left behind him?
There is only German Science, JewishScience, etc.
It is behind the timesand its first-rate men are mostly dead or disheartened or worn out. The sang-froid with which London faced the bombing of Madrid!
What kindof records will Franco have left behind him? I know it is the fashion to say that most of recorded history is liesanyway. Yet in a way, horribleas all this was, it was unimportant.
How could theypossibly mention their real aims? All that this ideareally reflects is the sheltered conditions of English life. I know it is the fashion to say that most of recorded history is liesanyway.
I do not supposethat either the bombs or the German campaign in Greece have altered hisopinion. The most one can say is thatthe buying and selling of slaves by individuals is not yet permitted. What is the use of saying that we need federal world control of the air? The Third Republic had more influence,intellectually, than the France of Napoleon III.
What kindof records will Franco have left behind him? It is goodbye to the TATLER and the BYSTANDER, and farewell to thelady in the Rolls-Royce car. The truth, it is felt, becomes untruth when your enemy uttersit. In theintelligentsia I should say they result rather from money and merephysical safety. Similarly, why are the Russians fighting like tigers against the Germaninvasion?
There is noquestion of stopping short, striking a compromise, salvaging democracy,standing still.
In physicaldetails his vision of the new world has been fulfilled to a surprisingextent. Well, a few weeks later at the front I had trouble with one of the men inmy section.
The same misconception reappears in an inverted formin Wellss attitude to the Nazis. Nazi theory indeed specificallydenies that such a thing as the truth exists. One has to remember this to see the Spanish war in its true perspective. In physicaldetails his vision of the new world has been fulfilled to a surprisingextent. Bullets hurt, corpses stink, men under fire are oftenso frightened that they wet their trousers. These thingsreally happened, that is the thing to keep ones eye on.