cwriter-general

Re: [cwriter] help - installation

From: mose
Subject: Re: [cwriter] help - installation
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:23:36 +0100

le Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 02:30:14PM +1100 par Adrian Wong :
> hello!
>
> after a night of struggling with installing cwriter
> (i'm at my 6th session of re-installing cwriter)
>
> i've finally worked out the nuts and bolts of setting it up
> i think that there needs to be some documentation to inform users which
> folders and files need their permissions changed.
>
> now that cwriter is up and running, (i can do everything but create new files)
> i only have one problem.
>
> it is reading my root directory as
> /home/user/public_html/subdir
>
> rather than
> /home/public_html/user/subdir

- sounds really odd. who reads that that way ?
I mean, what displayed error help you to say the problem is there ?

> i don't understand french (which could be the main problem)
> and my knowledge of php is very basic.

- I'm impressed. cwriter is only done for being installed by
french-speaking tech-aware dudes is its present state (a real shame).
Your knowledge is basic but your determination looks like advanced ;)

> please help!?!?!
>
> i am a uni student and cwriter is perfect for my needs. its just the program
> was looking for to put together my assignments and other documentats.

- I can help you with pleasure. cwriter has slept for the last year
and I'm not very active on this development, but it's my older
software there is an affective value I just can't stand to let it die ;)

I can help you faster on irc.freenode.net on channel #cwriter.

cheers,
mose