d-moon-blue-devel

[D-moon-blue-devel] ref

From: Eddy Mckay
Subject: [D-moon-blue-devel] ref
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 14:55:13 +0900

It isintended as a salutary lesson, as I feel it is a state of thingsinto which we could drift.
I amabdicating to save the monarchy, not to destroy it.
The imagined next move never takes place: so I do not waste my timeimagining it. Do you meanthat I shall have to stand two elections in one month?
Pamphilius: you willreconduct his Excellency. Has the play a special message for American audiences?
Looking back to the past with regret, we can stilllook forward to the future with hope. It is as ifanother planet were crashing into us.
America is certainly Americanising Great Britain more than Europeis Europeanising it. Some of the criticisms might have been better done.
There seems to beconfusion about the approximate date. I hope you look forward to ournew footing as pleasurably as I do. There wont be any poll: it will be a walkover. Jamess Hall in support of the NorthernStates of America against slavery.
Shaws descriptionof the banalities of the average moving picture.
What do you imagine is the likeliest nextmove? You stole your ace of trumps from the hand I played thismorning.
I remember seeing you, Mr Boanerges, at the opening ofthe Transport Workers Summer Palace.
And then both Orinthia and the audience laugh him to scorn. Now Magnus: its time to dress for dinner.
I shall besucceeded by my son Robert, Prince of Wales.
Although it is an extravaganza the play has a seriousbackground?
One of the greatattractions of Paris for Americans is the excursion to Old England.
You promised us yourdecision at five oclock. It is a sad leavetaking on our part, but a cordialone. My abdication does not involve that, Mr Boanerges.
The idea seems to be that as ademocrat I should have made the King the villain of the piece.
Has the play a special message for American audiences? The useless but onlypossible answer is, In some respects, yes; in others, no.
As I shall of course dissolve parliament, the funwill begin with a general election. But the great point isthat he thinks he is in the running as Able Man, not as monarch. King may be goodenough for this little island; but if we come in we shall requiresomething grander.