[Debian-sf-devel] New alexandria BASELINE: should we open up a new one ?

From: Frank Schulte
Subject: [Debian-sf-devel] New alexandria BASELINE: should we open up a new one ? Where ?
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 22:31:56 +0200

Hi all,

I decided to not waiting for the VA Linux SFOE to come.

I want to open up a new BASELINE cvs repository for the alexandria sources I
have.

But I think it is better to discuss with the debian-sf team how and where we
should do this, because
it would lead to much trouble open up concurrent cvs repos for the sources.

I'm open to it. I only want ssh and CVS write access and a ViewCVS look into
the repos.

How should we go about it ?

My first work would be to setup / import the original sources, tag it and open
up a developer
branch. Then I would add my portability changes that until now perform my shell
scripts directly
into the sources. And I will provide a low level api to create from a template
the needed PHP and
Perl Include files (see:
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=151723&forum_id=53968 and
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=151764&forum_id=53968 ). From
that on we can breake
up into different directions.

As there are many things to consider how we will work on this tree and how
debian-sf and
sf-genericinst can slowly (or fast?) join there source base, I want an agreed
path to work on.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers
Frank