Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Future functionality questions...

From: Tim Uckun
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Future functionality questions...
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 11:05:13 -0700

However in the next few weeks we'll be make some rather large changes to
our installation to add a few features.  I plan to submit these back to

As a person struggling to get SF up and going I have swore to myself that I am going to rip it up and re do it from scratch many times. Thanks to Roland, Christian and the rest of the debian sf team I have been spared that gruesome task. I just re-re-reinstalled it for the third and what I hope is the final time.

That aside I love your ideas especially about the security. I have no idea how foundries would be used in my organization. My planned changes to SF include better task tracking (borrowing a lot of ideas from TUTOS which has spectacular project tracking), and a more usable front page (which lists departments or projects or something). It will take some time I am sure before I get to any serious changes because I have to do a lot of testing first (I am using the new 2.6 codebase).

In short. I for one would love your changes. I do have a question though. Will those changes be applied through apt-get? Will the package maintain my data (this applies to all upgrades of sf from now on I guess).

:wq
Tim Uckun
US Investigations Services/Due Diligence
 http://www.diligence.com/