Re: [Debian-sf-devel] RE: Project approval problem

From: William F. Seipel
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] RE: Project approval problem
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 08:58:09 -0600

I could be more clear in my emails, it still is not working, maybe I should look for a more stable verison of LDAP

I did a get-apt upgrade, still the same problem

install-ldap.sh list gives the same results

SLAPD 2.0.23-1 is the version i am using

Christian BAYLE wrote:

Hi
I have got the same kind of problems
I restarted slapd and then things came ok
Maybe this is linked with nscd deamon
It's seems that ldap is rather unstable at the moment.

"William F. Seipel" wrote:

Bill originally said

I did a fresh install of the 2.6+0.6 packages

when asked to setup the ldap domain stuff I used the
main system host name and domain
eg (at work) dc=pdc01,dc=nwd-mr,dc=usace,dc=army,dc=mil
eg (at home internal network lan) dc=homeforge,dc=hom

And then I was able to setup a new user,
I was able to login with the new user name
I registered a project successfully
I then logged in as the admin
then went to approve it with the admin account and I got the
following:

Warning: LDAP: Unable to bind to server: Invalid credentials in
/usr/lib/sourceforge/common/include/ldap.php on line 125

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: /dev/null() in
/usr/lib/sourceforge/common/include/ldap.php on line 425
Open transaction detected!!!

Christian said

First:
Check that ldap is working,
it might be ok since you manage to install
Maybe you have a wrong passwd in the /etc/sourceforge/database.inc file
that should be the same than /etc/ldap.secret
Or there is something broken in ldap,
which version of ldap do you use?

Christian

Bill's response
Here is a listing of /usr/lib/sourceforge/bin/install-ldap.sh list
homeforge:/home/seipel# /usr/lib/sourceforge/bin/install-ldap list
version: 2

#
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL
#

# homeforge, hom
dn: dc=homeforge,dc=hom
objectClass: top
objectClass: domain
dc: rd

# People, homeforge, hom
dn: ou=People, dc=homeforge,dc=hom
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: People

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 3
# numEntries: 2

I have checked the password in /etc/sourceforge/database.inc
and in /etc/ldap.secret they checkout.

I have done the purge/reset/configure

I have fooled around with named for my little lan, that seems to work
during the sourceforge install it complained about reverse dns not working

I couldn't figure out the version of LDAP (slapd) though I am sure it is
bleeding edge it was from unstable debian

Thanks for your help
I wont give up until this is solved