[Debian-sf-devel] Open Sourceforge 2.7 to be released soon!

From: Soon-Son Kwon
Subject: [Debian-sf-devel] Open Sourceforge 2.7 to be released soon!
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 15:54:18 +0900

Hello people...
I just read the following message from VA CEO at sf.net.
I am sure everyone on this list should be interested. :-)

Here is the announcement and URL.

Date: 2002-03-29 09:20
Summary:A message from VA Software Corporation CEO Larry Augustin

Since we announced in August 2001 that we were taking the SourceForge
code closed source, we have received many questions about the future of
the existing Open Source code base. For some time, VA Software has been
evaluating how we could best support the Open Source community within the
context of building a successful business. VA has decided to publish an
Open Source code release, SourceForge 2.7, in August 2002. We have no
plans at this time to release the SourceForge 3.x code base as Open
Source, although we will continue to evaluate how we can work with the
Open Source community while continuing to build a business
around SourceForge.

We remain committed to operating SourceForge.net as a service for the
Open Source and Free Software communities, as part of OSDN. At this
time we believe that the best way for us to continue to support the
Open Source and Free Software communities is by continuing to develop
the SourceForge 3.x closed source codebase--and continuing to grow
SourceForge.net as a resource that helps the Open Source and Free
Software communities build Open Source and Free Software.

--
           (o_             **WTFM**