[Debian-sf-devel] New 2.6-0+10 snapshot available / Theming Contest

From: Christian BAYLE
Subject: [Debian-sf-devel] New 2.6-0+10 snapshot available / Theming Contest
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 01:55:45 +0200

Hi

New 2.6-0+10 version is now available at
http://people.debian.org/~bayle/
and
http://christian.bayle.free.fr/

Many patch thanks to Olafur Osvaldsson
Much more things should work
I added converted themes from savannah project (There can be some
problems) and a
short guide to make more themes
you can find at /usr/share/doc/sourceforge/README.Themes.gz when package
is installed

It's the occasion to start the Theme contest

Roland said:
<Lo-lan-do> My idea of the rules:
<Lo-lan-do> 1. themes must be DFSG-compliant (they might even need to be
GPLed since SF is GPL, but I'm not sure)
<Lo-lan-do> 2. not too heavy
<Lo-lan-do> 3. not dependent on a specific browser
<Lo-lan-do> 4. must look cool
<Lo-lan-do> 5. we integrate the themes we like into the package
<Lo-lan-do> 6. the one we like best becomes the default theme
<Lo-lan-do> We should provide a way for the author to get recognition
though.

I have the idea we could also use Soon-Son Kwon experimental site to
make a survey
or to receive submission, a good occasion to test the package :)

For Author recognition, it's possible to add this in the theme e.g using
the
generic_footer function even with logos or whatever you can imagine,
with special mention
we can add in the about.php page

So good Theming and enjoy debian-sf

--