[Debian-sf-devel] [Bug #123] adding/modifying member information fails (

From: noreply
Subject: [Debian-sf-devel] [Bug #123] adding/modifying member information fails (sometimes)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 09:51:01 -0400

=================== Bug #123: Full Bug Snapshot ===================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=123&group_id=259

Submitted by: ksoonson                  Project: Sourceforge for Debian
Submitted on: 2002-Apr-25 13:59
Category:  None                         Severity:  5 - Major
Bug Group:  None                        Resolution:  Later
Assigned to:  cbayle                    Status:  Open

Original Submission:  Adding or modifying member information for a project
fails sometimes.

For me, I wanted to change the user permission of the "admin" at the "Site
Admin" project so that I can assign "admin" as the project manager but as soon
as I change his information and click "update developer permission", I get the
following error.

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid ldap link resource in
/usr/lib/sourceforge/common/include/ldap.php on line 178

But if I try the other normal user the same thing, it works fine.

And for some normal user, I cannot add him as project member while some can.
(happens only for some user.)

If you have any question on how to repro these issue, add a comment here...

Thanks very much...

p.s. This happens on 2.6.10.

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: 2002-Apr-25 22:51             By: ksoonson
The user name was not ASCII nor UTF8 but double-byte character. (ks_c_5601 or
euc-kr)

Then, isn't there any way to use that double-byte character name? I couldn't
fully understand your comment...sorry...

Date: 2002-Apr-25 21:00             By: cbayle
I add this kind of problem with 2.5
It was because ldap only support UTF8 char
Can you check that the user record don't contain
non Ascii chars, except in cn and gecos where it should not
be a problem because in ldpa.php line 370/371
you can see it's asciized

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=123&group_id=259